● Hub City has done extensive testing on various types of oil, to compare the wear resistance, efficiency, and thermal ratings. Hub City publishes three sets of ratings catalog, with various types of oil, so the customer can choose the ideal oil for every application. Ratings available for mineral oil is traditional, such as Mobil 600W Cylinder Oil traditional “PAO” (polyalphaolephin) oil synthetic, such as Mobil SHC-634, and the newer “PAG” (glycol polyalkaline) oil synthetic, such as Klubersynth UH1 6 -460 and 460.
● Mobil Glygoyle synthetic oil is the traditional “PAO” wider temperature range, between high and low, increased efficiency for thermal ratings higher, and longer life for less oil changes, and needs no replacement in many applications.
● The newer “PAG” synthetic oil is also a wider range of high and low temperature, and has the highest efficiency for maximum thermal ratings. Synthetic allows PAG OIL ALL UNITS Cube THREE SERIES POWER FROM 130 TO 380 SERIES RATINGS Run CONTINUING Catalog MECHANICAL, WITH NO THERMAL DERATING. The oil meets the FDA H1 approval for use in food plants where there is the possibility of incidental food contact there. PAG provides synthetic oils also the longer life for less oil changes, and need no replacement in many applications.
● The PAG synthetic oils compatible with any other types of oil, and have mixed oils. If change units or PAG oil, must the unit be flushed out well with the new oil. Water can be mixed with PAG synthetic oil, and not unique, so this must be considered a unit protected from moisture intake, and in severe applications, oil changes can be required.
● As synthetic oils PAG is not readily available in many places, can fill units Hub City at the factory with PAG oil to provide. A unique part numbers for permanent identification such units. The model numbers used to “L” suffix, such as 214L. Mounting position must be specified and included in the description reducer so the right amount of oil is installed. (See pages B-10 and B-13).