Since EDM company of Norway (became part of TTS sense company in 2007) launched 250K rack and pinion workover rig for the first time in the world in 2001, other enterprises entering the field of rack and pinion rig development include American augers company of America and Max Streicher company of Germany, etc.
1. TTS sense drilling machine
In 2001, Norway EDM company launched 250K rack and pinion workover rig, and in 2005 sense EDM company launched 500K (later renamed finder250t double) AC variable frequency rack and pinion land rig.
Finder250t rack and pinion drilling machine (see Figure 1) has a rated drilling depth of 3000 m, a maximum hook load of 2490 kn and a maximum thrust of 578 kn. Mast type derrick is 38 m high. The maximum speed of AC variable frequency top drive is 180 R / min, the torque is 33 895 n · m, and the maximum lifting speed is 72 m / min. Equipped with “robot” pipe operation system, hydraulic catwalk and iron driller automation tools, normal operation by 1-2 people. The whole rig covers an area of 2275m2.
The main structural features of finder250t rack and pinion land rig are as follows.
(1) Rack module is of I-shaped structure. Rack is designed on both sides and connected into rack chain by pins. Rack chain is installed inside closed mast mast mast. One idler with tension function is designed at the bottom and top of the main mast and H-shaped mast to guide the rack chain. The rack chain of the main mast moves in the closed guiding device and is driven by four AC variable frequency motors fixed at the lower part of the mast.
(2) The AC variable frequency electric top drive is fixed on the guide pulley which can slide up and down along the derrick, and the guide pulley is connected with rack module with pin.
(3) The main mast hydraulic cylinder is lifted and transported in two sections. The H-shaped mast is transported as a whole, and the two floors and drill floor designed on the H-shaped mast are of folding structure. The whole rig is composed of 16 towing modules , which can be installed and operated in 12 hours.
2. American augers
American augers launched the first generation of rack and pinion single rig vr-300 in 2007 and the second generation of rack and pinion single rig vr-500 in 2009.
Vr-500 hydraulic rack and pinion drilling machine has a nominal drilling depth of 4572 M. Mast mast consists of 2 sections. The drill floor is of retractable structure with a maximum clearance of 4.26 M. The maximum hook load of double row rack and pinion is 2210 kn, the maximum thrust is 667 kn, and the maximum lifting speed is 36.6 M / min. Six hydraulic motors are installed on both sides of the roller guide pulley in two groups, and the hydraulic motor + planetary gear reducer drives the guide pulley to move up and down. The hydraulic top drive is installed on the guide pulley with the rated torque of 40675 n · m and the maximum speed of 120 R / min. The maximum make-up torque of iron roughneck is 2730 n · m, and the maximum make-up torque is 3360 n · M. Equipped with horizontal vertical hydraulic pipe operation device, normal operation 2-3 people to operate. The whole rig covers an area of about 2090 m2.
3. Max Streicher drilling machine
Max Streicher launched the first generation of single rack and pinion drilling rig VDD 370 in early 2005, and the compact second generation of single rack and pinion drilling rig VDD 200 and VDD 400 in 2009, respectively, for land drilling and offshore platform drilling.
The VDD 370, VDD 200 and VDD 400 drilling rigs all adopt mast type derrick and hydraulic top drive. The hydraulic top drive is installed on the roller guide car and guided by the roller system. The hydraulic motor is installed on both sides of the roller type guide car in two groups, driving the gear mechanism to move up and down, so as to drive the guide car to move up and down. In order to prevent hydraulic hose rupture and hydraulic station failure, the hydraulic motor is equipped with brake / locking system.
VDD 370 rack and pinion drilling machine has a rated drilling depth of 5000 m and a maximum hook load of 3700 kn. The total height of derrick is 31 m, and the allowable inclination angle of derrick is 8 °. The maximum torque of hydraulic top drive is 8500 n · m, the maximum speed is 190 R / min, and the maximum lifting speed is 6.67 M / min. The whole rig covers an area of 1200 m2.
VDD 200 rack and pinion drilling machine has a rated drilling depth of 3500 m, a maximum hook load of 1800 kn, a maximum static load torque of 55 kn · m, a maximum speed of 190 R / min and a maximum lifting speed of 6.67 M / min. The whole rig covers an area of 700 m2.
VDD 400 is a modular drilling rig for offshore platform. Its lifting system and driving mode are the same as VDD 370 land drilling rig. The rated drilling depth of the drilling rig is 5000 m and the total height of the derrick is 40 m. The maximum hook load of rack and pinion mechanism is 3896 kn, the thrust is 880 kn, the maximum lifting speed is 45 m / min, and the floor area is 168 M2 (excluding engine set).
4. Product performance comparison of three companies
The product performance comparison of the above three companies is as follows.
(1) In terms of maximum thrust, Max Streicher’s vdd400 drilling rig is the highest, reaching 880
Kn, 52% higher than 578 kN of finder250t of TTS sense and 32% higher than 667 kN of vr500 of American augers.
(2) In terms of lifting system, the product designs of the three companies are also different:
TTS sense drilling rig is driven by AC variable frequency motor, which is fixed when it acts and the rack chain moves; max Streicher drilling rig is driven by hydraulic motor, which is fixed when it acts and the gear moves up and down on the rack; American augers drilling rig is also driven by hydraulic motor, but the rack and gear are fixed when it acts, The hydraulic motor drives the top drive to do lifting movement on the rack and pinion.
(3) The nominal drilling depth of the latest products of three companies is from 3000
The range of m to 5000 m indicates that the rack and pinion drilling machine not only has incomparable advantages in the drilling of horizontal wells and extended reach wells in shallow reservoirs, but also can be used in the development of deep and medium reservoirs.