(1) As long as the helix angle is changed, the diameter of two wheels can be selected arbitrarily to meet the requirements of center distance. Or when the diameter of the two wheels is fixed, the different transmission ratio can be obtained by changing the helix angle.
(2) In the design oftransmission, when the original position of the two shafts and the rotation direction of the driving wheel are maintained, the rotation direction of the driven wheel can be changed by changing the spiral angle direction of the two wheels.
(3) In addition to the sliding speed along the gear direction, there is also a relative sliding speed along the tangent direction of the tooth helix. For the gear used for transmission, the sliding speed in the tooth direction will increase the wear of the gear teeth, but in some cases (such as shaving processing), the sliding speed in the tooth direction constitutes the cutting speed.
(4) Compared with, spiral gear has the advantages of simple manufacture and low cost.
(5) The point contact between the tooth surfaces of the two wheels makes the contact stress larger and the wear larger.
In view of the above situation,are rarely used in the current production, only when the transmission motion or the force is small.