There are many types of gear products and a wide range of application fields. According to the market demand in recent years and the development trend in the next 20 years, the seven key development fields of the future market demand of China’s gear industry are: ① aerospace and weapon equipment; ② Vehicles and construction machinery; ③ Energy equipment; ④ Ships and marine engineering equipment; ⑤ Rail transit; ⑥ Instruments and robots; ⑦ Metallurgy, mining, building materials and equipment, etc.
In the next 20 years, China’s gear industry will develop rapidly. Referring to the development goals of foreign advanced countries in the same period and the prediction of relevant domestic institutions and scholars, the expected goals of China’s gear industry by 2030 are as follows:
(1) Establish a national innovation and technical service platform for gear basic technology and cutting-edge technology research, important new product research and development, engineering of major scientific and technological achievements, and technology promotion and application Promote the development of gear transmission technology in China.
(2) Establish an advanced and perfect gear unit standardization system. Gear standardization will enter the top five in the world in 2020 and the top two in the world in 2030.
(3) By increasing the near net forming ratio of gear parts, the average annual utilization rate of gear materials will be increased by more than 2%, about 25% by 2020 and about 50% by 2030.
(4) The power density of gear products will increase by about 4% annually and double by 2030.
(5) Steadily reduce the power loss of gear transmission, and reduce the power loss by 50% by 2030.
(6) Gear manufacturing accuracy will be improved by one level by 2020 and another level by 2030.
(7) The service life of automobile gears will be increased by 2 ~ 3 times by 2020 and will not fail within the service life by 2030.