○ On one plane create a profile of the equivalent.
▶ A: Sketch circles indicating the pitch circle and base circle of plane 1.
▶ B Construction: Sketch involute curve showing correct the tooth profile.
– the equation should correspond involute with the base circle diameter of the gear. Starting point should be made coincident with the sketch of the circle should base and end point to be coincident with the outside diameter circle.
▶ Q: If this ends up being involute curve on the inside of the circle only draw the center line base circle of the involute mirror base and because of the centerline.
▶ D: Mirror the sketch of the involute curve to achieve the appropriate circular tooth thickness along the pitch circle of the gear.
▶ E: Double tooth profile because the base circle to get the appropriate spacing in between the teeth.
– For proper tooth spacing to achieve a circular pattern used in SolidWorks.See Figure 3.
○ Profile closed using the space between two teeth (See Figure 4).
▶ A: Make Arcs to close the two involute curves.
▶ B: Make the bottom arc equal to the angle of theroot sketch.
○ Sketch new point in Plane Right.
▶ A: Make the sketch in Plane Right to ensure the volume removed in Step 7 is correct.
▶ B: the sketch is only one point.
▶ C: Make the point just above A.See Reference Point Figure 1.
○ Remove the volume from sketch point from step 6 to the tooth spacing on Construction Profile Plane 1.
▶ A: instant Pattern removed around the bevel gear for calculating the number of teeth.