Through the load meshing analysis of spiral bevel gear and its simulation with computer, the following conclusions are obtained:
1) Starting with the adjustment parameters of the machine tool, through the computer simulation of the machining process of spiral bevel gear and the optimization of the adjustment parameters of the machine tool according to the tooth surface contact analysis, the corresponding computer program is compiled, which can give the correct adjustment parameters of the machine tool in the actual production.
2) Using the current node external normal vector method, the three-dimensional elastic contact problem is effectively solved and the distortion in the solution of the contact problem is eliminated. The methods of load distribution between teeth, load distribution along tooth direction and the shape of contact area of spiral bevel gear are studied.
3) The calculation shows that it is reasonable that the maximum initial clearance is less than 0.1mm. When it is less than this value, it may become a contact point pair. When the preset initial clearance is too large, the iteration time for calculating the instantaneous contact area is too long.
4) There is a great difference between no-load and loaded tooth surface contact area, so it is necessary to carry out LTCA analysis. When the spiral bevel gear pair has edge contact, the contact area is more complex. The real edge contact area and load distribution are given.
5) The contact trace under no-load and the contact center trace under load change greatly. When the meshing point is close to the tooth root, the contact center point of the loaded spiral bevel gear is biased towards the small end of the gear. When the meshing point is close to the tooth top, the contact center point of the loaded spiral bevel gear is biased towards the big end of the gear.